The CSV Import supports the following functionality:
- Supports auto-creating users as part of import.
- Supports auto-creating categories as part of import.
- Supports custom fields importing.
- Supports importing as new issues.
- Supports updating issues based on match id field.
Following are some hints to take into consideration:
- Have a separate CSV file per project.
- Switch to the project before importing.
- If the goal to add issues for the rows from CSV rather than update issues, then make sure to map Id fields (if in CSV) to be ignored.
- Users that are auto-created will have random passwords, will be disabled and will have email as username@localhost.
- For timestamp fields like issue submission and last update timestamps. We recommend using ISO 8601. However, any format accepted by PHP method strtotime() would work. If an integer is provided as the value, then it will be treated as the number of seconds since Unix Epoch (January 1 1970 00:00:00 GMT).
- For multi-line fields '\n' will be converted to new lines.
Following are the steps to generate the CSV file from Excel:
- Open the Excel sheet
- Save as "CSV (Comma delimited)", don't use "CSV (MS-DOS)".
Following are the steps to import the CSV file into MantisHub:
- Go to "Manage" - "Manage Plugins"
- Click install next to "Mantis CSV Importer" plugin.
- Select the project to import the issues into.
- Select CSV with issues related to the above project with one row per issue. Use "\n" to represent new lines.
- Go to "Manage" - "Import CSV file"
- First wizard page - enable creation of categories and set the separator character.
- Second wizard page - allows mapping csv columns to MantisHub fields.
Each issue should be represented by one line (row) in the csv file.