As you are going through the steps to migrate your data into MantisHub, you'll get to a point where you need to look at preparing your data for migration.
Firstly, you'll need to take note of what is supported in the migration. Note that you must have a MySQL database with MantisBT version v1.0 or higher to have your system migrated.Supported data for migration:
- Data like projects, versions, categories, issues, tags, etc will be migrated intact.
- Custom fields definitions and values will be migrated intact.
- Customization of visible fields on report, view, update pages.
- Customization of visible fields on View Issues page, CSV export, Print issues page, Excel export, etc.
- Most customization via config_inc.php.
What is not supported?
- Manual customization to SQL DB schema.
- Manual changes to Mantis code.
- Use of deprecated features (e.g. news, project docs, FTP attachments).
- Use of unsupported plugins. Our supported plugins are listed in our supported plugins article.
Once your ready to proceed, contact support and they arrange an engineer and a date for your migrations. We typically schedule migrations over the weekend to avoid service interruptions for your users but if you have a time/date preference please let them know.
You'll also need to obtain our dropbox link to upload your data and provide the support team with a contact point to verify the migration.
Next you'll need to get a dump of your database. Before doing this we suggest you disable inactive users that no longer need access to Mantis, which may reduce user pack costs for your MantisHub subscription. Note that you should disable inactive users and NOT delete them.
To create a dump of your database, run the following command. Remember to replace the parameters between the square brackets with your real values:
mysqldump -u [database_user] -p[database_password] [database_name] > [mysql_dump_file_path]
Copy into your shared folder:
- A zip file of the MantisBT folder including all php files and all configuration files like config_inc.php, custom_strings_inc.php (optional), custom_constants_inc.php (optional), custom_relationships_inc.php (optional).
- A zip file for the MySQL dump.
- If attachments are not in the database dump and the MantisBT folder, then provided a zip file of the attachments folder.