Often administrators like to customize the statuses in MantisHub to match their workflow. In order to add, modify or remove status options, customers with paid plans can do so by reaching out to our support team with the relevant information.
A sample spreadsheet is available at the bottom of this page. We have included an example of "Add a new status" as well as an example of "Modifying an existing status". Please make sure to delete the example information, populate it with your custom status details (Note:You do not need to provide details for statuses that are not changing) and email the spreadsheet to support.
Add a new status - Provide the following details to support (See example spreadsheet at the bottom of this page):
1. Name - This is the name of the new status e.g. 'Tested'. (See screenshot below)2. Title - This indicates the title of the screen users see when confirming a status change during their normal workflow (See screenshot below) e.g. 'Change Status to Tested'.3. Action - This is the description of what has occurred which will appear in the email notification to the reporter and others that are notified on status changes (See screenshot below) e.g. 'Issue has been sent to TESTED'.4. Color - This is the color of the square that appears along with the name of the status (See screenshot above). Use w3schools color picker to select the color you'd like and provide us with the Hex number. Make sure you compare it to the existing status colors (See Status Codes & Colors) to ensure they are not too similar.
5. Status Order Code - This is the numeric order of the statuses in reference to one another. See default status order codes (Status Codes & Colors). An existing status order code cannot be used for a new status. This must be unique. Example: A new status 'Tested' that should be after ‘Assigned' (Order Code: 50) but before ‘Resolved' (Order Code: 80) could be given Order Code: 65. The customer can choose any order code that is not being used but the order specified is important and should be consistent with the customer’s workflow because it will impact reporting, filters and thresholds. For example anything with an order code greater than 80 is reported on as ‘Resolved' and anything with code greater than 90 is considered ‘Closed' and hidden by default.
Note about languages: All information except for Status Order Code and Color need to be provided to the support team in English as well as any other language in which it needs to be displayed. This is for both new statuses and modification of existing statuses. For a list of the available languages, refer to https://github.com/mantisbt/mantisbt/tree/master/lang.
Modify an existing status - Provide the following details to support (See example spreadsheet at the bottom of this page):
- Name - Provide the name of the old status and what the name of the new status should be.
- Title - Provide the new title for the screen users see when confirming a status change.
- Action - Provide a new description of what has occurred which will appear in the email notification to the reporter and others that are notified on status changes (See screenshot below) e.g. 'The following issues has been TESTED'.
Color or Order can be modified upon request but is not required. If they are not specified the color and order will remain the same.
Remove/Hide an existing status
Customers can also request to remove/hide any of the status options by contacting the support team with the statuses they would like removed. We strongly suggest that ‘Resolved’ and ‘Closed’ statuses are not removed or modified. An alternative to removing ‘Resolved’ is to modify the resolution values.
Prior to requesting a status be removed the customer should validate that no issues are currently assigned to those statuses. Once the status has been removed an error will appear when an issue in an ‘old’ status is opened. Also the ‘old’ status is not searchable, it is problematic to change these after the fact.