The MantisBT eco-system has a variety of plugins that are targeted to enable scenarios that extend the core functionality provided out of the box. In MantisHub our philosophy is to be picky in selecting which plugins to support to deliver the quality service that our customers expect. Following are some criteria that we use in selecting which plugins to use:
- Simplicity - Some of the plugins are optimizing for solutions where the product has to work behind the firewall. This causes a bunch of complexity in setup and the amount of plugin code that needs to be maintained. For example, email reporting in MantisHub works out of the box, while with plugins for MantisBT it is a much more involved process.
- Support and Reliability - not all plugins are well maintained or reliable. They vary a lot in quality. This is a big factor in MantisHub deciding to support a plugin.
- Demand - We track customer requests for features or plugins and we prioritize scenarios where there is a decent customer demand. Otherwise, our resources will be consumed with one-off requests and plugins with very low adoption.
- Approach - Make sure that the approach that a plugin takes to address the feature is consistent with what we believe is the right direction.
The plugins that we currently support are:
- Email Reporting - This is not really a plugin, but provides similar functionality to one of the popular MantisBT plugins.
- Slack - provides the ability to send notifications to Slack. MantisBT has a limited Slack plugin, but the MantisHub one is much more powerful.
- HipChat - provides the ability to send notifications to HipChat. MantisBT has a limited HipChat plugin, but the MantisHub one is much more powerful.
- Import CSV - provides the ability to import issues from CSV files. This is very useful for customers who want to migrate their issues from Excel or some simple bug tracker that they used previously.
- EventLog - provides a way to capture logging from your MantisHub. Used to capture triggering of emails and adding recipients to such emails. This way administrators can understand why certain users are notified and others are not about specific changes.
- MantisTouchRedirect - provides the ability to redirect visitors to MantisHub tracker to MantisTouch when they are visiting from a mobile phone.
- Core Plugins - We support the core plugins like MantisGraph and Formatting, but we have disabled XmlImportExport plugin since it doesn't work well.
Installing and configuring plugins
To install a supported plugin, go to Manage - Manage Plugins and click "Install" next to the plugin that you want to enable. If you no longer need it, just click the "Uninstall option".
To configure installed plugins, go to Manage - Manage Plugins and click the plugin name (if hyperlinked) and that will take you to the plugin configuration page.
So, what plugins or features are you missing? Even though we won't be offering one-off installs, we can take requests into consideration when planning what areas to tackle next or what plugins to evaluate and support.